ANTENATAL FITNESS @ Chapel Spa
Body strengthening and conditiong exercises focusing on the ever changing body and posture throughout the pregnancy trimesters.
A very relaxed atmosphere. The ‘mums to be’ leave the class feeling worked out, but refreshed and relaxed.
The session comprises of:
- a gentle warm up with mobilisation of stiff, tired joints.
- muscle strengthening exercises of the legs, back, chest, arms and core.
- stretching to counteract and support postural change
- and of course we complete the session with well earned relaxation!
Mondays 7pm – 8pm £40 for block of 6.
Exercise and fitness have always been a really important part of my life, so when I found out I was pregnant I was really keen to keep it that way. I was introduced to Kirsty through a friend and started to do a weekly PT session with her. These were fantastic for giving me guidance on the right type of exercises to be doing, and the right intensity to be working at when you have a growing bump! When Kirsty started the AntenalFit, this was yet another great opportunity to ensure I was remaining healthy throughout my pregnancy. The added benefit of the class however, was that I also became part of a great community of like-minded mums-to-be. I’m convinced that keeping fit and healthy during my pregnancy, thanks to Kirsty’s help, contributed to me have a ‘good’ labour….if there is such a thing!!
A friend who has personal training sessions with Kirsty suggested that I went along to antenatal fit. I had not met Kirsty before going to the sessions and was really impressed with how friendly and sociable the sessions were. I met lots of other ‘Mums to be’ and going to antenatal fit was something that I looked forward to during my pregnancy. Kirsty is very knowledgable so you are confident that the exercises that you are doing are helpful for you and not doing any harm at all during pregnancy. I would really recommend going along to this class – great value for money!
- I was introduced to Antenatal fit by a friend and I wish I knew about the classes earlier! I loved Kirsty’s enthusiasm and little tips that she knew from her own experience of having babies will be very usefull to us! For me it was also a great opportunity to meet other mothers to be.